Buyer persona is a representation of your ideal customers based on market research and real data about your existing customers. When creating your buyer persona(s), consider including customer demographics, behavior patterns, motivations, and goals. The more detailed you are, the better.
Buyer personas provide tremendous structure and insight for your company. A detailed buyer persona will help you determine where to focus your time, guide product development, and allow for alignment across the organization. As a result, you will be able to attract the most valuable visitors, leads, and customers to your business.
What is your company’s current context?
Question: is the traditional segmentation enough to develop a strategy in sales or marketing?
You need to predict how your customer will act and make decisions in order to create a good Customer Experience. What drives your customer’s choices? You may know your target but do you know what are their specific needs?
In most companies the customer segmentation is performed by company revenues. All offers are made from this segmentation. But the revenue is not a sufficient criterion to determine behavior, this is perfect to decide who to investigate qualitatively.
So, who are your personas?
So, what should your buyer personas define? Remember that you’re like to have more than one buyer persona for your business; specify them. Name them by:
– financial situation
– free time
– buying decision
– shopping habits
– and everything you can think of.
So, to learn more about how to create your own buyer personas, you can see our Free Webinar, in wich you’ll see:
B2B & B2C
– When a B2C context, personas may tell you what you need to know.
– When in a B2B context, you should combine corporate personas and buyer personas within those companies. This combination helps to evaluate how to sell to a specific company and a specific stakeholder.
The Corporate personas
– The corporate personas can provide an archetypal view of how companies are predicted to behave, what processes can impact decisions, how different roles and people interact and what are the overarching goals of an archetype company.
Benefits of Creating Buyer Personas
– Bring you closer to your client
– Make it easier to sell existing services
– Help you create and validate new ones
– Help you anticipate their needs
– Add value and targeted communication and marketing